Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Bird Talk

One thing that I have noticed since I moved to NY is that I hardly ever see birds other then pigeons anymore. Along with that realization has come a fondness for items that do have birds on them. This dress made me squirm with excitement and I feel normally it would not be something that would catch my eye.

Midnight Migration Sheath from Anthropologie

Then at the flea market this weekend I saw these two framed water color images and without a thought decided that I needed to buy them for my parents for Christmas. ( I can talk about this because my parents do not read my blog.) I love them so much! Really beautifully frame and they were so inexpensive!

I have been wanting to make some feather necklaces recently and then I saw this amazing image and now I cant find the feathers I am looking for fast enough!

Katfeather
It is by an artist named Kat Heyes. She takes some amazing photographs and does some great illustration work.

Last night I had a dream about this dress I saw online a long time ago and wanted so bad. But in this dream I was surrounded by owls in a dark mold covered forest and my hair was long... dreams.


Photo
I have always loved certain pieces by Tsumori Chisato, this one especially.

As I mentioned in my last blog I have been on a search for a black swan print, did not find it last weekend but maybe a switch of flea market location will help this next weekend. Not sure what all this bird talk means but I like it.

No comments: